While planning for CTE instruction, whether in-person, remote or hybrid models, Franklin Essex Hamilton BOCES has collaborated, and will continue to, work with all its component districts to ensure high school instructional plans are aligned. We have developed models that ensure NYS learning Standards, applicable industry certification requirements, clinical and work based learning hours have been met. In addition, our plans follow all NYS/County/DOH health and safety guidelines and social distancing. Instructionally our BOCES team is committed to the following;
- Where specific curricula and/or clinical hours are mandated by other state agencies consideration will be given to ensure requirements are met
- Coursework will continue to be taught by certified CTE teachers
- Instructors will identify content that should take precedence in the event instructional capabilities are modified
- Instructors will create a bank of learning activities that could take place in a remote setting that support their program
- Practice of remote learning platforms while in person to better prepare students and instructors
BOCES will work with all business and industry partners to ensure safe and healthy work-based learning opportunities can continue in remote and/or hybrid learning times.
BOCES will continue to foster business and community participation in advisory council meetings.
BOCES will continue to provide high quality career advisement and exploration opportunities to students through in-person, remote or hybrid learning environments. The use of virtual options to facilitate career exploration will be explored.